Get started with TELUS Webmail
The basic / standard version of TELUS Webmail offers you an easy to use email account with the following features:
- Compose and send new messages
- Add attachments to your messages
- Add signatures to your messages
- Track mail exchanges using the Conversation feature
- Create your own folders and tags to organize mail
- Create filters to route your email messages to designated folders
- Create and manage multiple calendars
- Set up how your calendar looks
- Create appointments and meetings
- Import and export other calendar programs
- Customize your mailbox view
- Configure your TELUS Webmail settings
- View shortcut key combinations available for quick navigation within your mailbox
In addition, you can search for email messages, contacts, calendar events and task lists from any view.
PC System Requirements
- Intel/AMD/Power PC CPU 750MHz
- 256MB RAM
- Intel/AMD/Power PC CPU 1.5GHz
- 512MB RAM
- Minimum display resolution 1024 x 768
Internet Connection Speed:
- 128 kbps or higher
Operating system & browser combinations
The following operating system/browser combinations for the standard version of TELUS Webmail are supported:
Windows XP SP3, Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8 with one of the following:
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher (IE 8.x for XP, and 9.x and higher for Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8)
The latest stable release of:
- Google Chrome
Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard”, 10.6 “Snow Leopard”, 10.7 “Lion” with one of the following:
The latest stable release of:
- Google Chrome
- The browser's Back button takes you to the previous page you were viewing.
- You can also use the Forward button.
Do not use the browser's Reload (Refresh) button.
- Doing so will restart your session.
Smartphone / tablet system requirements
Performance may vary when using TELUS Webmail over mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Some Android and BlackBerry devices can capable of supporting web browsers with Flash or Java, while other browsers may not.
- Apple devices such as iPod Touch, iPhones, and iPads do not support Flash or Java web browsers at all.
For best results, use the Basic / Standard version of TELUS Webmail to access via any mobile, smartphone or tablet device browser.
You may use the Rich / Standard version of TELUS Webmail via any mobile, smartphone or tablet device that supports Flash or Java.
TELUS Home Services
- If you have forgotten your TELUS Webmail login credentials, you can retrieve them (or reset your password) by logging into your TELUS Home Services account.
Log in to your TELUS Home Services account
- Log in to your account. Register if you don't have one.
- Click Your accounts.
- From the TELUS High Speed section, click View details / modify.
- From the E-mail boxes section, click Change password.
- Type your new password.
- Click Change.
Your TELUS.net email password is changed.
- If you're using an email program on your PC or mobile device to send and receive email, you'll need to enter your new password the next time you use it.
Using rich (advanced) and basic (standard) versions
TELUS Webmail has two versions:
- Basic / Standard: If you have a slow Internet connection or prefer HTML-based messaging, you can use the Basic / Standard version, which has many of the same features.
- Rich / Advanced: Offers a full set of Web collaboration features. This is usually the default setting. It works with most current browsers and faster Internet connections.
Log in and out of TELUS Webmail
You must use an internet web browser to run TELUS Webmail. Note that not all browsers are supported.
Open a browser window and enter http://webmail.telus.net
When you Sign In to TELUS Webmail, you can enter either:
- your TELUS email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org), or
- your TELUS email alias (i.e. email@example.com), or
- your TELUS username (3 – 8 characters), and
- password (5 – 8 characters)
You can select ‘Use basic Interface’ if you are on a slow internet connection.
Your session remains active until the session expires.
If you select the ‘Remember me’ option, you do not have to sign in every time you restart the browser during a day.
If you leave TELUS Webmail open but do not access your mailbox for a period of time, your session might time out and you will need to sign back in.
Click Log In.
To prevent others from having access to your email account, you should always log out when you are not using your computer.
If you browse to a different site without signing out first, your session might sign out automatically when it reaches the specified timeout.
In the top right corner, click Log Out.
Keyboard shortcut keys
Keyboard shortcuts are keys or key combinations that let you quickly select an action when the access key sequence is entered.
Go to the Preferences>Shortcut page to see the complete list of shortcut keys.