Reply to and forward email
You can reply to the sender of a message or to the sender and all recipients.
By default, when you reply to a message, the original message is included in the body, but the original attachments are not.
You can also decide to prefix each response in the message to track the different replies.
For example, each reply within the message is marked with an angle bracket (>).
The most recent reply has one > before each line, the reply before that has two (>>), before that three (>>>):
> Previous message
> > Message before previous message
> > > And so forth
Reply to an email
- Select the email you want to reply to.
- Click Reply or Reply to All in the toolbar. A new compose window is displayed with the address(es) in the header and the original message in the body.
A new compose window is displayed with the address(es) in the header and the original message in the body.
- If you view message in the Conversation view, you can click reply at the bottom of the message
- Type your reply.
- Click Send.
- If you add your signature automatically to your messages, it’s placed in the message according to your preference settings.
Set preferences for email replies
To reply to the message in the same format it is received, select Reply/Forward using format of the original message.
This ensures that the recipient gets the message in the most readable format.
- Go to the Preferences> Composing page.
- To reply to the message in the same format it is received, select Reply/Forward using format of the original message.
Select whether to include the original text in your reply message. If you’re including the original message:
If you’re including the original message:
- Select whether to mark the previous responses with a character or include the original details in the header (The To, From, and Subject fields).
- You can also include the original message as an attachment.
- If you want to prefix the previous responses, select either the angle bracket (>) or pipe (|).
- Click Save.
You can forward an email message to someone else.
Forwarding a message includes all file attachments.
- Select the email you want to forward.
- Click Forward on the toolbar.
The text of the forwarded message appears in the body of the compose page, unless you have set your preferences to forward messages as attachments.
- Enter addressees.
- Click Send.
Automatically forwarding messages you receive
For added convenience and flexibility, you can forward your emails to another email address.
For example, you can forward email sent to your TELUS Internet account to your work email account during the week.
During the weekend, you can cancel the forwarding so that you can access your email directly from home.
To manage email forwarding
- Log in to your TELUS Webmail account
- Under the Preferences section, click Mail, to the right of the General section
- From the Receiving Messages section, you are able to modify your forwarding settings
To turn on E-mail forwarding To turn off E-mail forwarding